Monday, May 6, 2013

Diamond Chain Quilt-Along


I've received such a great response from my mini quilt that I sent off for the Fab Little Quilt Swap that I decided to make up a tutorial and quilt along for anyone who is interested.

Instead of having to wait for a full tutorial that will take me several weeks to get finished, I figured it might be more fun if we do this together! So starting next week I'll be posting up a few steps at a time once a week.




The blocks are 20 inches, so if you just want a mini or a pillow you only have to make one! The entire quilt only requires 12 blocks -- I love big blocks! Plus there's a lot of options for different fabric placements. I like how changing up the fabric slightly can highlight circles within the diamonds, or changing up the background fabrics can make it glitter a little more :)

I'll be listing a blank coloring sheet and fabric requirements in a few days so that you have time to get some fabric if you want to play along.

Thursday May 16: Cutting Instructions
Thursday May 23: Piecing the Diamonds
Thursday May 20: Adding the Corner Triangles and Assembling the Block
Thursday June 6: Finishing the Quilt Top and Backing
Thursday June 13: Quilting and Binding

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to try to quilt along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make this as a mini and paint it as a barn quilt too. Is that OK with you? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)