Sunday, September 23, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things [from the past week]

Hey, I have an office! Ok, so this isn't mine...mine's actually to the right of this, but it looks the same and didn't have a computer, so I borrowed my coworker's [messy] space.

A big part of the program that I'm now in charge of is bringing container gardens to inner-city kids. So the kids in each of the sessions planted their gardens this past week! Everyone got a variety of herb, some lettuce seeds, and some pinto beans. I have rosemary in mine and it smells delicious! [In case you wanted to know, this young man has collards in his garden. I can now identify a collard by sight!]

I had to attend an evening board meeting this week and luckily there was a party going on next door. The party-goers were nice enough to share their pig-shaped cookies with us. And they were delicious :)

Baby kitty got a new toy at the end of last week...a crinkly little tunnel that he loves playing in. Unfortunately, on Tuesday he started getting sick and hasn't really been eating, so he's been to the vet and we're just trying to nurse him back to health :(

The view behind my office! Those are the employee gardens and are planted and worked entirely by the staff. There's a space for outdoor events, a butterfly garden, a vegetable garden, and more! When it cools off a little bit I'm going to start eating my lunch back there.







2 comments:

  1. Wow looks like a great place to be working! Which my desk was that closed off! I'm right in the showroom! Sounds like you have some fun there with all that gardening! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That office space looks good and pretty cozy. I'd love to see how yours looks like. Oooh, that pig-shaped cookie looks so tempting. By the way, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope he's okay now.

    -Blake Mitchell

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)