Sunday, June 24, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things [from the past week]

Today's Sunday photo post is all about my recent summer foods! I absolutely love to cook, and I absolutely love to eat. It's a wonder I'm still petite.

When I was 10 my mom made my older sister and I cook for the family for an entire summer. We'd be in charge of lunch and dinner, and would alternate which meal we'd cook each day. That was a really, really long summer. But I'm proud to say that I'm a pretty damn good cook [although the foods shown here aren't exactly ground-breaking], and cook WAY more than the majority of people my age. I encourage anyone with kids to do this too, I think it's an absolutely invaluable experience!


 Father's Day BBQ! I love tater tots and corn on the cob. And BBQ is so tasty!

 I still cut my own grilled cheese into quarters. Plus I found a tiny juice box from Girl Scouts. Nostalgia lunch!

 Got a fantastic batch of strawberries. Great dessert with some whipped cream :)

 A light summer lunch of my own version of a Hot Pocket, which I've never actually eaten. This one has Italian sausage, spinach, and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Yum.

I gave this mug to Stephen a few years ago to remind him what's up ;) I like to do ice cream in mugs!


*Linked up with Debbie's Tuesdays At the {Summer} Table. I found some great recipes to try!

3 comments:

  1. The food looks so yummy! Hahah funny slogan on the mug! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i'd LOVE that recipe for the "hot pocket" ish thing? please? boyfriend and I are moving in together next month and i'm in desperate need of recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jennifer - would love to hear more about the hot pocket - yum! Lots of tasty goodness here! Glad you enjoy it so much! Thanks for sharing & thanks for linking up at the {summer} table!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)