Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I think we have a home!

This is from the apartment website, which I'm not going to link to, for safety purposes.

 Phew!

Yesterday was a whirlwind of a Girl Scout meeting, culminating with a parent not picking up her child, and me finding out we might not have a chaperone for our field trip the local science museum this Saturday.
This morningI had a working interview. Which I've come to realize is just the company looking for 4 free hours of work. I'm kidding. Sort of.
And then right after that I looked at an apartment and took some furniture to my parents to hopefully sell at a garage sale this weekend.
Tonight I have a birthday dinner to attend.

The bright spot in this busy 36 hours?

We found a place to live :)


Here's the floorplan, with my editions of our very angular furniture haha. But see that blue rectangle over on the right? That's my sewing table! And that black corner bookcase? That's going to hold all my fabric and other fun stuff! That orange rectangle is Stephen's airsoft stuff; we will see how our two hobbies mesh in the same space.

I'm so excited to have a pretty new place to sew things for! There's so much wall space for mini quilts, and we're trying to get a futon for the extra bedroom, meaning I can make another quilt [and I can nap and sew IN THE SAME ROOM! Heaven...].

The only real sad part of this apartment is that there is no microwave [which I find really weird] and so I'm going to have to give up a counter in that tiny kitchen. Oh well, I guess it can't be perfect. Well, it could. But this is good enough for now :)

7 comments:

  1. Yay for finding an apartment!!! My first place didn't have a microwave either and limited counter space. We bought a small microwave cart/shelf/cupboard thing and put it in the corner of the dining area. That way we kept our limited counterspace free and added a bit of storage! You can find them pretty inexpensively at Target and the like and then just paint it a fun color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever lived anywhere that had a built in microwave. It actually sounds strange to me that you expected one, but then I've always lived in old houses that we've torn apart and re-done. Maybe I'd think differently if I'd ever lived anywhere shiny and new.
    Anyway, way to go on finding a place! That must be quite a relief! I know all to much about airsoft. One of my boys has 8 guns and buckets of different coloured ammo. It's an obsession.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finding a new house! Love the floor plan!
    I hate interviews like that! They make you work to cover someone elses shift! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! the apartment looks great! Our new place doesn't have a microwave either. . .for the moment we are surviving without one (surprisingly do-able), but I'm not looking forward to giving up the counter space when the time comes either. It's weird that microwaves are a built in given for you. . . I don't think I've ever lived somewhere where there was one already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on finding an apt! how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!
    My hubby and I share a room for our "hobby" stuff, I think I'm slowly taking more and more of it over...so it works out just fine!! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's brilliant. Finding new housing evry year is such a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)