Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And the award goes to...

...me! ;)


Ok, so I've recently been given some bloggy-lovin' awards. It's always interesting to read what people think about your blog [I always welcome opinions and constructive criticism, in case you ever want to give feedback], and that they think it is worthy of bringing attention to it. 

But anyways, now that I've been collecting Liebster Awards the same way I collect fabrics [greedily, and a little bit furtively, in case you were wondering, ha], I figured I should probably share the fun! 

Cherie at I be's Cheraldine - She and I email back and forth several times a week and have great fun. I was recently whining about cutting fabric [my least favorite part of the process] and she offered to cut it for me. She lives in England, so I was just tickled at this offer. And then she threw out the catch...she would cut it, but there was a cutting fee...of my fabric!

Jill at Just Jill - She has recently been churning out circles of flying geese like nobody's business. I definitely admire people who can sew/quilt with little kids undertow. I've got Stephen, who at 23 is enough to keep track of while sewing :P

Linda at Surrounded by Scraps - I first came across her blog in one of the swaps I was in, and her beautiful creations just keep popping up! Linda didn't just throw together a list of people, but rather wrote a paragraph about each blogger and why she felt they deserved the award. I was very touched by what she wrote about me. I consider it to be such a great compliment that people actually want to take time out of their day to read about the shenanigans that I get up to around here!

Sincere thanks go out to all 3 of these ladies.
 

This award is given by bloggers to their favorite blogs with under 200 followers. The Liebster Rules are:
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
 

I nominate [just 2, because I'm too cool for rules. kidding. I just really like these 2 blogs!]:

Kelsey at Kelsey Sews - I love her recent I-spy quilt with pinwheels; I love that it's not just a charm quilt! And her favorite color is green, so that makes her A-okay in my book.

Sarah at Kiwi Gets Crafty - This girl is seriously well-traveled! She found my blog first, and commented on something, and then I read her blog from start to the present [wow, that sounds so creepy when I say it like that], and discovered that we have so much in common: the same college degree, many years of long-distance relationship with our boyfriends [she just got married yay!], and we're about the same age. Sarah is a cross-stitcher who is slowly getting into more sewing [another yay!], and she lives in New Zealand, so I'm trying not to be envious.

I hope you spend some time at all the blogs listed here. Grab some coffee [my drink of choice] or tea and enjoy!
I'll be cleaning up under my sewing table, I guess...or making a bigger mess...

2 comments:

Messages from friends :)