Saturday, December 17, 2011

Welcome to the real world!





This is me at graduation on Friday. For those of you who are not familiar, graduation robes look like wizard's robes. However, when you get a master's degree, they decide you need to look extra silly so you get robes with those ridiculous hanging sleeves, and you get that thing that sort of looks like a tail on me, which is actually called a hood. 

So the entire time you're thinking you're all distinguished for getting an advanced degree, but the person next to you keeps sitting on your sleeves, and every time you sit down you sort of choke yourself.

Very elegant.

Totally a terrible phone picture taken at 10 pm...I'm too giddy to care!


But then I got this Coach purse from my boyfriend's mom as a graduation present. He and I have been dating since right after high school, so she's been just as much a supporter of my education as my own mother. I'm not the kind of person who would buy an expensive purse by any means. In fact, the majority of the time I don't carry a purse. But I realize that I can't put an ID carrier in my back pocket in a suit. That I need a "grown-up" purse. Voila. Now I have it. The leather is SO soft.

So, first order of business...some zippy pouches for my new purse! Because I won't be putting anything in there that can ruin the purse, unless its in a pouch first :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's super exciting :) And the purse is so pretty - looking forward to seeing those zippy pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I remember when I graduated college....over 11 years ago! Ack! lol That is an amazing purse, nice gift!

    And I love your blog. I am new to sewing so I have been researching and finding great tutorials to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I remember getting my first Coach purse in hs my best friend bought it for me. it was one of the 'small' ones for $80! Then my 2nd one is when we sold our 1st house we each got $300 to play with and I used it all on that! look fwd to seeing the pouches you make!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)