Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Frantic!

Um, it's 5 days til Christmas? Whaaat?

Panic ensues.

My table is round. I think? Maybe my sewing/fabric ate the table?
I actually have all my presents purchased and wrapped already, and have been done for almost 2 weeks now. However, I was just notified that there will be an extra few people at my family's Christmas celebration, and they are attending as guests of my sisters because their families are either not doing Christmas due to low funds or they would have been alone.


Now, I don't know these additional girls, but I wanted them to have something to open, and it doesn't cost me anything to make some zippy pouches out of fabric and supplies I already have [ok, I had to buy zippers, but that was pretty fun for me :) ] So I have 3 pouches to make, and a boxy pouch. The bigger pouch technically doesn't have to be done until after Christmas, but I'm going to try to knock it out too!


That being said, I was already working on a quilt for my boyfriend for one of his presents. He has a devoted "boy pillow" that I made him, and thought it would be nice for him to have a quilt. But I have to work on it when he's gone or at work, so I still have lots to do tomorrow and Thursday [he's at work all day both days, so I had kind of planned on that time].


Then I had a commissioned table runner, which has to be finished and delivered on Thursday night. I'm pretty sure I'll be adding in an orange that I already had, because I couldn't find anything acceptable at the store yesterday. Grrr.


I got my order of voile a little later than planned, which is to be scarves for my boyfriend's grandma and his little brother's girlfriend. Luckily those don't take any time at all to whip up. In fact, I'll be doing them first so that I can cross them off the list and feel a little better.


Luckily I have dedicated tonight to sewing, and tomorrow, and Thursday. I better hop to it!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is A LOT to finish!!!!! I am sure you can do it!!!!!! Love you fabric choices!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)