Sunday, October 16, 2011

My first swap

I entered a swap hosted by Jenna at Sew Happy Geek, and we got to choose a table runner or a wall hanging. I'll have to take a picture of my dining room table sometime, but it's where I sew/cut/generally just make a mess. 

Needless to say, I chose a wall hanging.

Anyways, this is my first swap, and I'm a little nervous. I obviously cannot reveal my partner yet, but I got so excited about my first idea for her, and then I got worried that it was too outside of the box for something that someone would want to hang on their wall every day.


That's a print from Kate Spain's new Terrain line, and it might actually be my favorite print. I thought that was a built-in quilt pattern right there, so I figured out some numbers and spent a few minutes coloring this afternoon to get this...


Made with some of these fabrics...

I'm actually really excited, and if it looks good when translated to fabric then I think I'll make a bigger version in a quilt for myself!

I'll keep you updated with the progress and how the swap goes over! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages from friends :)